The view from my window
...which is okay because it helped me curate my watch list a bit and compile some nice things.
- Michael Kors Collection Leather Strap Dress , size 8, sold by AJMFashions; currently $91.00 and retails for $1895. Ends 1/22 at 7:08 PM.
- ABS Allen Schwarts Floral Bow Open Back Dress, size 6, sold by AJMFashions; currently $12.50 and retails for $286. Ends 1/23 at 6:16 PM.
- ASOS Cotton Cardigan, size 6, sold by jiang275; currently $0.99, don't know the retail but definitely more than 99 cents. Ends 1/23 at 10:02 PM.
- Helmut Lang Sheer Back V-Neck Dress, sold by BHFO; currently $38.00 and retails for $540.00. Ends 1/23 at 10:06 PM.
- James Perse Off SHoulder Sweater (Pre-Owned), size 3, sold by prettydealsllc; currently $19.99 and retails for $130. Ends 1/23 at 7:28 PM.
- Balenciaga 2005 Dolma Work Bag, sold by AnnsFabFinds; currently $1,000 Buy It Now or Best Offer, current version retails for around $1800.
- David Yurman Petite Wheaton Ring w/ Blue Topaz and Diamons, sold by lastingtreasure14; currently $112.50 and retails for $525. Ends 1/23 at 7:52 PM.
My new camera is supposedly coming today (!!) but I'll believe it when I see it. I haven't been out yet but apparently the roads are a disaster only made worse by the fact that the plows are all lined up and parked on the streets and not doing a damn thing. At least I bought these bad boys a few years ago during the so called "Snowpocalypse"
Sorel Caribou in Black
I remember walking to meet a friend for lunch and getting off the subway in the West Village and barely even being able to move for fear of sliding. Uggs may be warm but they are definitely not adequate for snow. I popped into Paragon Sports in Union Square (a very long, precarious walk away) to buy some serious snow boots and even though these are probably way more intense than necessary, I haven't looked back. I walked out of the store in them and probably could have ran the rest of the way, looking back and laughing at the pedestrians in their mediocre snow boots sliding around on the black ice, desperately reaching out to me for help balancing. Pfft.