I lost a few things I wanted this weekend by mere cents, which is a very annoying but also very common occurrence when looking at things on eBay. Using Gixen helps keep you from overpaying but it also forces you to pick your price way beforehand, so sometimes you end up losing something and are upset because you really would have paid that extra 50 cents for it. It's important to really figure out what your absolute max here is but also remember the human tendency to never be happy; sometimes when I win something for the max amount I put in I regret it and am pissed thinking I really didn't want to pay that much for it, and then sometimes when I lose things by less than $10 I'm pissed at myself for being so cheap with my Gixen submission.
Here are some things ending in the next day or two that I seriously have my eye on:
- Fendi Chameleon Satchel in Beige and Patent Red, sold by frmoda_italy; currently $1,074 Buy It Now (normal retail is $1980 - $2490)
- Cut25 by Yigal Azrouel Ruched Matte Jersey Dress, size M, sold by BHFO; currently $42.99, retails for $360. Ends 1/20 at 8:15 PM
- Fendi Color Block Chameleon Bag, sold by couturecollections.nw; currently $1,149, retails for $1,980-$2,490. Ends 1/22 6:10 PM
- Trina Turk 'Betty' Navy Dress, size 4, sold by BHFO; currently $38.00, retails for $328.00 and just as a comparison so you can see how your prices on eBay stack up to those on other sale sites, this same dress sold for $109.00 on GILT in a less versatile color. Ends 1/20 at 7:41 PM
- Rag & Bone Black Coated Skinny, size 29, sold by festconphx; currently $33.99, retails for $209. Ends 1/21 at 10:14 AM
- J Brand Zipper Low Rise Jeggings, size 28, sold by BHFO. Currently $7.50, retails for $180. Ends 1/21 at 7:36 PM
- YSL Muse, sold by ourfabulousfindsmiami. Currently $675.00, retails for $1850. No dustbag! Ends 1/21 at 2:14 PM
Has anyone been inspired to start eBay shopping? I've been trying to get a few of my friends into it for a while but I think it's something that's tough to pick up on, just because it's harder than other kinds of shopping. My boyfriend is an eBay pro now though - all his friends are always asking him where he gets his clothes from because he has been buying such nice, well fitting things lately. That's the thing about higher quality, expensive clothes: they fit better, and that's what makes them look better. You could have a really cute cheap shirt that looks great on the hanger, but if the shirt of that fit isn't right then it just won't look good. This is especially noticeable on men since so many men don't try things on (WHY???).
I've been trying to get my boyfriend to start a blog, maybe I will have him do an eBay watch list feature on here for the men reading (if any) or those shopping for men.